Who is MFCCU?
Members First is a not-for-profit cooperative that is Member-owned and committed to the "People Helping People" philosophy- providing our community with safe, affordable, relevant financial services and education to become their financial partner for life. Our commitment to our members goes beyond the doors of our branches as our members are our neighbors, family, friends, and co-workers.
Since 2014, we have been a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), and since the early 90's a Low-Income Designated (LID) Credit Union. We believe in showing Members how to "pay less" by giving low rate loan opportunities, and educating them on financial opportunities.
Starting your journey at MFCCU would be your new beginning to enjoy all of our Membership Benefits, such as- Checking Account reward of your choice, Reward Points earned on debit and credit cards, high interest earnings on account types, low rate loans with flexible terms, and so much more. The bonus is that all of the Credit Union's earnings are used to give back to YOU- our Members.
While offering financial services and education to the community we are also active as members of the Quincy Chapter of Credit Unions, Illinois Credit Union System, Quincy Area Chamber of Commerce, & Young Professionals of Quincy.
Who Can Join MFCCU?
To become a member, one must live or work in Adams County, Brown County, Pike County, or Schuyler County in IL. If an immediate family member is a current member, one also qualifies. An employee of any of our Employer Groups can also become a Member.
At Members First once a member always a member.
Opening Your Account:
- Each Member must have a Primary Shares to obtain Membership. We like to describe this as an anchor to your Membership- this account is what creates your Member Number. Your Primary Shares must hold a minimum balance of $25, as long as the account stays open.
- One-time entrance fee: $5 fee
- Please provide a photo ID at the time of account opening- If the address on your ID is not current, please have a piece of mail (electric bill, water bill, etc.) with the current address handy.
- An account is considered a Youth Account if the Member is 17 years old or younger.
- Primary Shares is still required, but the child has the option to build up to the $25 min.
- NO entrance fee
- If the child would like any account type other than a Primary Shares, a parent or guardian must act as Joint Owner (at least) until the child turns 18.
Follow us on Facebook at time of account opening before we ask you to, and we will waive the $5 entrance fee!!!